CVA Athlete Code of Conduct
All CVA athletes, by participating in CVA activities, agree to abide by the CVA Athlete Code of Conduct. This applies to both USA and AAU athletes.
Athlete agrees to follow this Athletes’ Code of Conduct while participating in the Centennial Volleyball Academy club.
- I will work hard to improve my skills.
- I will be a team player and get along with my teammates.
- I will learn and display teamwork and sportsmanship.
- I will be ready to play when I arrive at my practices and games.
- I will learn the rules and work hard to play by them.
- I will respect my teammates, my opponents, officials, and spectators.
- I will not strike, push, threaten to strike, or otherwise physically or verbally intimidate a teammate, opponent, official or spectator before, during, or after a game or practice.
- I will not use rough tactics during the course of a game or practice.
- I will not engage in an abusive, verbal attack upon any official or individual on or off the court.
- I will not use trash talk, profane, obscene or vulgar language, under any circumstances, on or off the court.
- I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct, such as throwing equipment, or any other forceful action at any time.
- I will always accept and abide by the decision of an official.
- I will respect all Centennial Volleyball Academy property and rented facilities at all times.
- I will treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, religion, creed or ability.
- I will conduct myself in a manner consistent with the ideals, values, and traditions of sportsmanship and kindness to others, both on and off the court.
- I will abide by the Centennial Volleyball Academy Club Rules and Regulations at all times.
And most importantly, I will play for fun!
I understand and agree that non-adherence to the above-stated Athletes’ Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, to be determined on a case-by-case basis, up to and including expulsion from Centennial Volleyball Academy.