CVA Parent Code of Conduct
All CVA parents, by attending and participating in CVA activities, agree to abide by the CVA Parent Code of Conduct. This applies to parents of both USA and AAU athletes.
Parent agrees to follow this Parents’ Code of Conduct while his/her child is participating in the Centennial Volleyball Academy club.
- My child is involved in organized sports for his/her enjoyment. I will not force my child to participate in sports and support his/her decision to play his/her chosen sport and help to make it fun.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules. I will remember that children learn best by example; therefore, I will applaud both teams.
- I will not embarrass my child by yelling at players, coaches, or officials. All children will benefit by my example of showing a positive attitude toward the game and all of its participants.
- I will emphasize skill development and practice sessions and how they benefit my young athlete.
- I will do my best to know and study the rules of the game and support the officials on and off the court. Criticism only hurts the game and well-being of all players.
- I will applaud a good effort in both victory and defeat, as well as enforce the positive points of the game. I will never yell at any child during or after a game or practice. I will work toward removing physical and verbal abuse in youth sports.
- I understand that this commitment is about fun and enjoyment. I will strive to ensure that all participants have a good time.
- I will not make negative remarks or gestures to the opposing team, coaches, officials, or spectators.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game.
- I will create a safe and healthy environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and abusive language, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for the children and not the parents.
- I will ensure that my child treats other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, or ability.
- I will bring my child to the games and practices regularly and on time.
- My child and I will conduct ourselves in a manner consistent with the ideals, values, and traditions of sportsmanship and kindness to others.
- I recognize the importance of professional and volunteer coaches. They are very important to the development of my child and the sport. I will communicate with and support them.
- I will abide by the Centennial Volleyball Academy Club Rules and Regulations.
And most importantly, I will encourage my child to play for fun!
I understand and agree that non-adherence to the above-stated Parents’ Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, to be determined on a case-by-case basis, up to and including expulsion from Centennial Volleyball Academy.