CVA Coach Code of Conduct
All CVA coaches, by participating in CVA activities, agree to abide by the CVA Coach Code of Conduct. This applies to both USA and AAU coaches.
Coach agrees to follow this Coaches’ Code of Conduct while coaching for the Centennial Volleyball Academy club.
- I will care more about the children than winning the game. I will remember that players are involved in sports for fun and enjoyment.
- I will provide adequate playing time to all players in order to allow and encourage each player to advance their skills. I will collect stats on players during practice and tournaments as prescribed by CVA and use those stats to determine lineups and playing time.
- I will ensure all players perform their working team responsibilities, and each player has the opportunity to perform each working team role during the season.
- I will be a positive role model to my players, display emotional maturity, and be alert to the physical safety and mental health of players, both on and off the court.
- I will be generous with my praise when it is deserved; be consistent, honest, fair and just; offer only positive and constructive criticism to players.
- I will adjust to the personal needs and problems of each player and be a good listener.
- I will not verbally or physically abuse a player, coach, official, or spectator at any time.
- I will give all players the opportunity to improve their skills, gain confidence, and develop self-esteem.
- I will organize practices that are fun and challenging for my players. I will familiarize myself with the rules, techniques, and strategies of the sport I am coaching and encourage all of my players to be team players.
- I will maintain an open line of communication with my players’ parents.
- I will be concerned with the overall development of my players, treat each player as an individual, and expect age-appropriate skills from all my players.
- I will be courteous and will not use profanity at any time.
- I will respect game officials, opposing teams’ coaches and players and spectators, and I will take steps to ensure that players and parents do the same.
- I will treat all players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, or ability.
- I will respect and abide by decisions made by the Centennial Volleyball Academy Director and Board.
- I will coach my team, not officiate the game. I will respect the decisions of referees and working teams.
- I will reinforce to my players and coaches the ideals, values and traditions of sportsmanship and kindness to others.
- I will abide by the Centennial Volleyball Academy Club Rules and Regulations.
And most importantly, I will encourage my players to play for fun!
I understand and agree that non-adherence to the above-stated Coaches’ Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, to be determined on a case-by-case basis, up to and including expulsion from Centennial Volleyball Academy.